Aging, weight loss, breastfeeding, and gravity can affect the size and shape of your breasts, resulting in premature sagging. Moreover, aging breasts can also affect your self-image, confidence and the way you feel in clothes.
Fortunately, breast lift surgeries can help you regain your perky breasts -and your confidence. The procedure is considered safe and effective with long-lasting results (i.e., 10 – 15 years) when performed by a well-trained surgeon.
However, knowing whether or not you’re a good candidate for breast lift surgery can help you achieve optimal results.
Read on to know more.
What Is Breast Lift Surgery?
Breast lift surgery (aka mastopexy) is a surgical cosmetic procedure that lifts and reshapes sagging breasts. It raises the breasts by first removing the sagging skin and then tightening the surrounding breast tissues to enhance the shape and size of the breasts.
How Is It Performed?
During the procedure, your surgeon will put you under either by using general anesthesia or IV sedation.
The next step is to make an incision in one of three ways:
- Around the areola;
- Around the areola and vertically down towards the breast fold;
- Around the areola, vertically down towards the breast fold, and then horizontally across the side of the breast.
Your surgeon will then lift and reshape the breast tissue, remove the excess skin, and reposition your nipple and areola. A breast lift procedure can restore the shape and volume (lost due to age, pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause) of your natural breasts, as well as support the breast tissues to give them a firmer appearance.
Am I A Good Candidate For Breast Lift Surgery?
Only a highly trained and well-experienced surgeon can give you an authoritative and trustworthy answer as to whether or not you’re a good candidate for breast lift surgery. However, here are a few factors that can make someone eligible for the procedure:
- You have sagging breasts that have lost volume and shape.
- Your breasts appear flat and elongated.
- Your breasts are asymmetrical (i.e. one falls lower than the other).
- When you are not wearing a bra, your nipples fall below the breast fold.
- Your nipples point downward and your areola appears enlarged or stretched.
- You’re unhappy with your natural breast size or shape.
- You are physically healthy and don’t have a history of chronic medical conditions.
- You maintain a stable weight.
So, if you’re looking for a safe procedure that can give you dramatic results for lifting up your sagging breasts, enhancing their natural contour, and restoring a youthful firmness, breast lift surgery might be just the right solution for you.
A highly skilled surgeon can help enhance the shape, size, and symmetry of your natural breasts, giving them a more youthful and feminine look. Fortunately, The Couture Surgeon can provide you with a safe environment to share your aesthetic concerns and goals so she can come up with a customized breast lift plan to help you get the best possible results.
Book an initial consultation now to determine if you’re a good candidate for a breast lift.