Skin care and skin treatments have become a subject of interest in medical communities, on social media, and in everyday topics. People everywhere understand the importance of taking care of their skin – whether it be through the skincare products they use or the aesthetic treatments they choose.
Everyone’s skin is different, therefore the type of skin treatment that works best for you might not work as well for someone else. So how do you decide which one to get?
This article will cover the different skin treatments offered at The Couture Surgeon and provide 5 tips on choosing the one that will best fit your needs.
Keep reading to learn more!
The Couture Surgeon has a variety of skin treatments and injectables designed with skin rejuvenation in mind.
- Dermal Fillers – such as Juvederm and Restylane, are gel-like substances injected under the skin to treat fine lines, wrinkles, and volume loss.
- Neuromodulators – the most popular neuromodulator, Botox, is used to relax certain facial muscles thereby smoothing resulting dynamic wrinkles.
- Laser Treatments – some examples of laser treatments include CO2, ablative, YAG, and IPL. Each laser treatment targets a specific area, from unwanted hair to sun damage to acne scars.
- Zaffiro Hydro Peel and Tighten – the Zaffiro Hydro Peel and Tighten treatment lifts and rejuvenates the skin using hydro-exfoliate and thermo-lift technology. It can result in firmer skin, smoother texture and appearance, and increased collagen production for lasting improvements.
- Microneedling – either on its own or with a platelet-rich plasma treatment, microneedling creates tiny abrasions in the skin, jumpstarting your body’s natural healing process. The result is clearer, smoother skin with an increase in collagen production.
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Treatment for You
The following are just a few tips and questions to ask to help you decide on a skin treatment:
- What are your areas of concern? Your choice of treatment will depend on your areas of concern.
Dealing with volume loss and deep, static wrinkles? Dermal fillers are likely to be the solution.
Struggling with acne and clogged pores? A chemical peel or microneedling treatment may be your best option.
- Consider your skin type – Different skin types and skin tones call for different treatments.
Those with oily or combination skin may want to avoid treatments that use oil-based products. The opposite may be true of those with dry skin; a treatment or skincare product that’s rich in moisturizing factors will help to soothe and nourish.
- How much time can you commit? Some treatments require only one session, while others require multiple treatments to reveal the full effects.
Thus, it’s important to consider how much time you have to commit to treatments and the number of sessions that you may need to get the results you want.
- What about downtime? While there are plenty of non-surgical skin treatments to choose from, some may still require more downtime than others.
In most cases, the lack of downtime means that you can get back to your daily routine right after, but some treatments may result in visible side effects like redness, swelling, or bruising.
- Combining Treatments – Many clients choose to combine multiple treatments, especially those that may be done in a single session, to boost their results.
At the Couture Surgeon, we believe that a good skincare regime can make your results from your favorite treatments last longer, so you may want to consider the range of high-quality, clinical-grade skincare products we offer in our clinic.
Couture Surgeon Skin
If this article seemed like a lot of information to digest, don’t worry! The Couture Surgeon will work closely with you to help you decide which skin treatment is best for you.
Our entire staff has helped countless clients get the results they want and deserve with cutting-edge treatments and medical-grade skincare products in the Bergen County, NJ area. You can bet that they can do the same for you.
Ready to get started on your skincare journey? Contact us today!